Saturday 16 November 2013

Review : Calanthe Art Restaurant + Story

Hi guys~

I want to share the glamourous Calanthe Art Restaurant. This Restaurant is situated at Jalan Hang Kasturi, 75200 Malacca, Malaysia.

Calanthe

It's quite hard to find it if you are a first timer because this restaurant located in the area of small roads at the town. If I am not mistaken, if you can find Baba Nyonya shop and Portugese Restaurant, it's easy to look over this shop. Just make your eyes widen.  But if you can't find it, contact the shop directly via this number +60 6-292 2960. By the way, this restaurant do servealcohol drinks but the foods are halal 
and some of the drink is free alcohol. On top of that, this restaurant is smoke free so 
don't smoke here okay.. ;) and don't worry because there is no pork and no lard.

I think we should move to the foods and drinks. As it's famous in Malacca, this restaurant offers variety of all  types of coffee states in Malaysia. But for me they choose what's the best. Because it would be so hard to imitate the real coffee taste aite??

Let's go through the foods and drinks that my friends and I chose.. :D * they took the menu before I managed to share it with you guys.. (*^*)



Kurma Mutton with rice

Strawberry lassi

Mango lassi


For me personally the drinks were awesome because the taste really can quenched your thirst and explode the taste---> overrated but it's true. They give you the real drinks. As per suggestion, do go for the coffees and yogurt drinks. Both are fabolous~

And the desserts also feel so nice to eat. This is a perfect place for chit chatting, tea break or loitering.. hee~

However, they do prepare some heavy meal like rice sets and some add on like spring rolls and nuggets. But sadly the foods are not up to my standard. It lacks of taste but not too bad because some people might want to eat a bit light taste. Still I would recommend you to go this restaurant.

ANDDDDDDDDDD I can't share the menus properly, so I would like to share some design you can look forward in Calanthe Art:

This is a painting of the shop which shows the unique place

Counter side~ the design always change

One of the walls design

The giraffe statute outside part of the restaurant



13 states coffees as the HIGHLIGHT MENUS
Overall the design is so abstract, full of things, colourful and interesting to look at. You won't be bored at the restaurant and you will be always want to take pictures in all corner possible. There's a lot and you just don't want to miss to have these memories~ [It happens to me and my friend was embarrassed because I force him to take my pictures.. heh heh heh.. ^o^]

Since the title mention it's a review and story, I guess I should move on with the storyyyyyy~ We went to Calanthe Restaurant with a group of five. We are me, Khadijah, Cho Seng, Lalith and Kumar. The five of us went to sponsorship things for our LAW NIGHT. After the exhausted day, we decided to have some 'yum cha' or afternoon tea~ it's some sort of tea break actually. Malaysian loves 'yum cha'.. The person who suggested this place is Cho Seng and he droves all along the way. The best part was, Cho Seng parked the car so far from the restaurant and he reasoned our questioned by saying that it's hard to get a parking nearby.

Of course we will be just fine with that. But~~ it's hurting my leg because I need to walk far by wearing high heels. Can YOU imagine that??? Aiyoohhhhhh.. Killing my legs softly. The funny part was when we pass across the road, there were so many parking despite of the busy town small road area.. =.='' Oh Gosh, why all of us so paranoid in looking for parking. Sighhhh~ but it's a good experience because we walked like a tourist with black and white attire (look professional.. :P only if people knew that we're just a law student ONLY). I admitted that I saw the town area in different view and exciting because we're always use cars to go to the shops. Never wonder that it's worthed to walk a miles for an amazing discovery. :D

At last, only Kumar didn't eat because he's too sleepy~ BEHOLD~ My companies for that day:


Khadijah


Kumar

Lalith



Cho Seng


It's me~




The five!!!

I love our background. Wish all of you can view in a live version.




This is the view entrance of Calanthe~ It's so nice~

What I just want to comment about the whole thing is they should not take the menu so fast. People might still want to look over to the menu. Who knows people might order some more foods?? And if the customer want to keep the menu for a while, let them be. Because for this type of customer like me, we would love to see what's interesting inside and we always planned what should we eat next time. haihhhhh.. =.=''

Furthermore, please do some light setting, for me it's too dark in one side that I don't have the appetite to eat my food. Luckily the drink of  Strawberry Lassi boost my appetite~ Anyway still this restaurant can make my eyes stick to you~~

Instagram picture~
Oh yes guy, this is the FB link https://www.facebook.com/calanthe.melaka

p/s: In the car ongoing  to Calanthe, I was sitting next to Kumar. Kumar fall asleep and his head fall on top of my shoulder. I was so shocked and reflex in saying loudly to him, "Hahahaha, Kumar.. are you sleeping??". The rest were laughing so hard and Cho Seng can't focus on driving. Even Khadijah can't control her laugh even she's pitying Kumar. Lalith was the worst, he laughed and started to hit the dashboard uncontrollably. OMG it's hilarious. And I just kept staring at Kumar while laughing so hard. Kumar in the other way while in sleepy mode, "Oh no i'm not sleeping". Oh Gosh.. XD

I guess that day was not so bad by having these amazing people around. :D

So do visit Calanthe Art restaurant okay~
That's all for my review and story for this entry. :D Tata~

No comments:

Post a Comment